Sunday 15 April 2007

Here I am again. These last couple of days I've been "busy" working on the look of my blog: I've added some links, lists about my projects and I've posted some pictures on flickr. Not bad! Specially because I'm so rubbish with computers! I have to admit I haven't knitted at all this weekend, as I have been busy studying and enjoying this lovely weather!!! who says England is grey and rainy all the time??? Today we went for a picnic in Wollaton Park with some friends and I can say now that I have a light sun tan!

Let's go back to knitting matters... At the moment I have only one project on the needles, the Arisaig from Knitty. I've started with the back (I'm still in the ribbing part) and I'm a little bit concerned. I read in a few places that there are some problems with the sizings, mainly with the sleeves, so I decided to go for the size actually knitted by the designer (yes, I measured it first and hopefully it will fit). However, at the moment it looks tiny!!!! I know that ribbing will expand after I've blocked it, but still! hmm, not sure... here you can have a look:
Without expanding it, it measures 7.5 inches. Very, very concerned.

We'll see how it goes, knitting with such fine needles it takes ages to grow! Perseverance... this is what I tell myself everytime I finish a row!!! I'm looking forward to get to the lacy bit, although it is also quite scary, as this is the first BIG project in lace.

I'll post more pictures soon.

bye for now!

laia

3 comments:

Susan @ Damn, Knit & Blast It said...

Welcome to Blog-land!

Arisaig is looking good so far - what pretty stitch markers too!

Karen said...

Hi Laia, yes it is Eiffel from Knitty Im working on at the mo, Im feeling a bit like you with your Arisaig at the moment though - its looking a little small! Nevermind, Im sure the power of blocking will sort it all out!

Knittings Nice! said...

Hey congrats on your blog...they're great fun....only prob is I forget to take photos of things...ops. Knitting looks great too.