Wednesday 18 April 2007

I know that I just started Arisaig and that I still have a long way to go with that, but I've already been thinking about what else to knit. I'm thinking about something not too complicated, but that I could knit whilst watching TV, for example. Arisaig is my challenging project, so now I need a relaxing one, so I can choose depending on the mood I'm in. I have 6 balls of Jaeger luxury tweed (already discontinued) and I was wondering whether I could use them for my new project, whatever it might be. They are a lovely blend of merino wool and alpaca, so very warm!!! the colour is quite nice, lime green I would say...

however, I'm not sure if I want it to become a clothing item, as it might be too greeny and I might end up feeling like a lettuce!! so I thought maybe a shawl would be better... I find shawls quite relaxing, as normally there is no shaping and the pattern normally is the same all the way through. I haven´t been able to find a shawl that I like and that uses a DK yarn, so I might have to adapt a pattern for a different yarn. Here is a shawl that I like, from Cool Crochet:

The pattern is designed for an aran weight yarn, I think, so I will have to experiment a little bit with different hooks. Another good thing of shawls is that gauge is not so important!! I might have a play later, if I can have a break from addictive arisaig! I'm not going to post a picture of it today, as I´ve only managed to finish the ribbing, so it's hasn´t changed much since last time.

2 comments:

KnitYoga said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! I love the shade of your Jaeger Luxury Tweed and I think that shawl would look lovely crocheted in it.

Knittingknutty said...

I love green. It's one of my favorites. I'll have to post the picture of my daughters green sweater. My very first garment. Green is good and it will make a lovely shawl.